Monday, August 26, 2019

Day 4- Island Hopping


Greece - May 2019
All Aboard!! This was one of my favorite days I spent in Greece. Today I set sail on a day cruise that took me to three different Islands in the Saronic Gulf. The Saronic Islands are Ageina, Poros and Hydra. Each of these Islands were full of charm, history and hospitality. These little Islands were those you would read about in a storybook. Towns build into the hill side of the rocky coastline of the sea. I had a late lunch at this family run restaurant. The owner we so appreciative and happy to see us take a seat at his families table. Here we dined on a feast of flavorful pasta and homemade breads. Plus, we had the best service ever! After lunch I shopped for home grown pistachios that are native of this small Island called Ageina. The crystal blue waters that and sparkling sun rays that bounced beautifully off the crisp white buildings were breathtaking to take in. Here is where a group of us took a dive off the rocky cliffs and felt the salt of the sea hit our skins. This was truly a day that I spent learning about the culture from the locals and experiencing the history of old traditions. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment